1/29/2007

Tsunami of Words

I like to be a nice person. I really do. I'm usually not into nicknames (unless they're nice and cute) or into talking about someone behind their back... but I hit rock bottom with our beloved not-so-friend, who we not-so-lovingly call "Tsunami of Words". OK, I am a babbler, and I talk to the walls if necessary, like I think most women do... but this woman is really a Tsunami. As in, when she talks, she brings a massive wave of destruction her way.

First one down: I introduce her to a couple of my friends, their brother is Tsunami's kite boarding instructor. She's not Jewish, my friends are, and they all have names in Hebrew... so, her first comment: wow, you all have girls' names! ummm... no?!?! Itzik is sweet for Isaac. Jacky is short for Jacob, and Uri...is just Uri.

Next one: I'm talking about my application to Elat Chayyim's Jewish Spirituality-Yoga Teacher Training (I'll tell you all about this) and Tsunami says what I'm saying is ridiculous, because yoga is a sport. It's like talking about Catholic Tennis. Ummm, whatever?!?!?! I am of course seconds away to loosing my temper, but that is loosing the battle. I never loose my cool and I lovingly explain to her, that the yoga she knows is just a little part of a 6 limb or 8 limb lifestyle approach. I tell her yoga includes the way you eat, the way you talk, the way you breathe, the way you think. I tell her she doesn't know enough as to give a good argument and besides, it's just not nice to say something like this when I am telling her what I want to do. She answers back... I think it's cool you want to study, don't get me wrong, you can do it. YOU CAN DO IT???? Wow!!! Thanks Tsunami for your permission!!!! Now I can do it! Tsunami lets me do it!!! Yeai!!! (Victory dance because I got Tsunami's PERMISSION)

Whatever... I needed to vent some steam somewhere, and that's what this blog is about.

Elat Chayyim: check the program out at http://www.elatchayyim.org/yoga/

I have already applied and am fairly nervous as to what Mrs. Bloomfield's and Rabbi Klotz's answer will be.... I would really like to join this program. I am so into using yoga as an extra spirituality tool in my jewish practice! We'll see. I got an email from Mrs. Bloomfield saying they will review my application and they will let me know what they think in a few weeks... (suspense-movie-music)

Well, stay tuned for their answer!!!

2 comments:

Hila said...

Jewcess,

LMAO about Tsunami---Sorry, I know it isn't really funny to you because she puts you in awkward situations, but I also have a friend like that so I can sympathize! Don't you love how some people think that they are so superior that you must need their approval to make your own life decisions? *sigh*

Good luck with Elay Chayyim! I have been wanting to get into yoga but this body is tooooo fat and lazy! I am sooooo miserably out of shape that I think I would keel over if I were to do anything so bendy-twisty-upside-downy as yoga. :-D But hooray for you, I'll admit I'm jealous (in a good way, of course!)

Shabbat shalom, dearest!


-Hila

Hila said...

Oops I meant Elat Chayyim. I'm a ding dong!